The Quickest way to buy Basic Attention Token (BAT) with USD
A step-by-step guide on how to buy BAT with USD, and get it onto the Brave browser
Buying cryptocurrency just keeps getting easier and easier. As of now, we can buy BAT directly with a credit card or a bank account! Don’t worry, it’s not challenging at all!
Disclaimer: Using the Coinbase link will net you and I both an extra $10 of BTC if you happen to purchase $100.
Bonus at the end on how to transfer your new BAT to the Brave browser.
Let’s Get Started
- Sign up for a Coinbase account if you don’t already have one. This will give you a BAT wallet that stores your BAT.
- Connect your bank account to avoid credit card transaction fees.
If you don’t want to wait, you can immediately buy funds with a credit or debit card (Visa/Mastercard).
- Navigate to the BAT dashboard page on Coinbase.
4. Enter in the amount you wish to purchase and select
As you can see, Coinbase takes a slightly larger fee for using a credit card. Below is the exact same purchase at the same time with a bank account. The difference for $100 worth of BAT is less than a dollar so it’s not that big of a deal, but you have the information now to make your own choice.
5. Press the
Buy now button. Congratulations! 🎉 You now own Basic Attention Token! The backbone of the Brave browser.
If all you wanted to do was hold onto it hoping it will go up in value, your work here is done! If you would like to transfer it to your Brave browser wallet, keep reading.
In order to transfer it to your Brave wallet in your browser:
- Copy and paste the following into your Brave URL:
2. Press the
Add Funds button.
3. Copy your BAT wallet address. Mine is 0x43Fb02a03B95438BA0c847ed7108c267ac465cdf
4. Navigate to your Coinbase accounts page and scroll down to BAT.
5. Select the
6. Input in the wallet address you copied
Continue. That’s it! You’re all done! Your BAT will arrive shortly at your Brave wallet.